Wednesday, June 08, 2005

AF epidemic.."Jatuh cinta?"

..As we all know (that wud be for those AF-fans like urs truly),last weekend was the 1st concert for Akademi Fantasia (better known as AF) season 3.Much hype and chaos went thru during the concert.More "kezutans" from the producers of AF3.After the much-suprised "elemination" of fav-student-to-be,Asmawi aka Mawi duruing the Konsert Prelude,a wave of dissatisfaction can be "seen" at the chat corner in ASTRO ch@15 (I'm soooo updated on the AF thingy,rite?hehe).But the dissatisfation and uproar was diffused with the addition of 2 students to the supposedly-final12,making it a final14.

I was and am at awe of Mawi's voice,and of Marsha.But the major question would be more on Mawi.If the judges and the teachers felt that he was good,why wasnt he in the final12 in the first place?Why create such commotion and "kezutans" by including them after another round of "konsert prelude" during the first concert?Where they(the judges and teachers) being indecisive on their judgement?Or can their decision be manipulated by the audience aka AF fans' reaction on the results of the final12?

In my opinion,they are not being fair.They have juz decrease the chances of those in the final12.Instead of having a 1 out of 12 chance (dats 8.33% each) of winning,the percentage has dropped to 7.14% per person. That's a 1.2% drop!!If it were to be me,I'd be furious.My chances of winning,or at least be in the top 6 would be slimmer!

When they annouced the final 20,I had my eye on some potential winners or finalist (last 6).I was one of the 1st in my family to be in front of the tube to watch Konsert Prelude AF3.I wanted to see what this years' "potentials" can offer.Turns out most of them were good,only a handful was an "ok-ok".After hearing Mawi sing,I know he's a clear winner i.e will make it to the final12.He has a great voice,only lacking of singing skills (thanx to AF1&2,I can be a vocal teacher myself,hehehe) and techniques.Other than that,he's awesome!Idayu was another soulful and vibrant singer.She's alomost as good as Mariah Carey.Amylea,the 'Malaysian Alicia Keys' from Langkawi was another fav.I was confident my 3 faves would make it through.Alas when they annouced the final12,I was as dumfounded as everyone else..(I think other viewers had the same final12 list like me,with Mawi in it).But what my ayang's mum said was a comfort to my dissapointment.Mawi was a Qari (a person who studies Quran recitings and its' meanings-I hope my interpretation is almost correct.Do correct me if I'm wrong.It is better off for him not to be involved in the entertainment world,to protect himself and to ensure that his heart and nur@light stays on.But he was good..

So,you can imagine my mixed emotions when they annouced about the addition of 2 more students.I was happy Mawi was choosen but at the same time I am baffled and dissapointed in the uncrediblity and indecisiveness of the judges (and producers).They cant keep on cahnging their policies just because they made the wrong choice.For all you know,we will have 7 people for the finals (which is actually a good thing on the percentage thingy,hehe)..But anyhow,the show must go on.So people,reload more credit coz you really need it.You've got 14 students to vote for and in order for them to stay on they need more of ur sms..AFUNDI PEEPS!

ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!