Friday, June 24, 2005

--Friends R Us..(make sense aaa?hehehe..)

Hummmh..TGIF entry.Which means last entry of the week.Its 1/2 past 1pm and I am eating my 'tapao' lunch,as always..The office's pretty quiet (which is normal since it's Friday)..Heck,given the choice I would be down at Concourse Level,in a particular Japanese dept store checking out their latest sale (SALE?!Again?!Go figure..).Nways,I am up in Tower 2,happily typing away my last jottings and musings for the week (I think Ive mentioned that earlier on..Sowee!).

Actually this morning,as I was boarding the LRT I was thinking of what topic to blog on today.Some issues came to mind e.g
the 4-day-old baby who was abducted from the hospital or maybe the suspension of Datuk S.Sothinathan (that's some "heavy"stuff) or juz to blog on something light..After much muling (I am SO fickle-minded) I decided on a topic triggered by a fellow collegue and great blogger,Cobrastorm on Best Friends..

I consider myself lucky,truly lucky to have so many close friends in my life.I love each and everyone of them.Their friendship means the world to me.Having gone thru 5 years of life (eating,sleeping,bathing,studying,playing,crying,laughing etc etc) together,makes the bond even stronger,Though at the time I am writing this,I could say I havent seen most of them for quite a long time,but I know when we meet up,we will talk,laugh,joke and cry as if we werent apart.One-TKC97 forever gurls!

But out of the whole lot,there a few that are really,really dear to me.I'm not really sure whether I can call them my best friends as we don't see each other as often as other best friends do.Most of the time would be smses,e-mails or phone calls to keep each other updated.Even then,there are times when we totally "lost each other" for a fortnight or two,maybe a month or two (?!!).But somehow,even with our "lost contact" of each other,I know (and I hope they do too) that I am in their thots and vice-versa.

My dearest friend,Ain,who is currently in Ireland,doing her CPA and working in audit firm,is a true gem and a great inspiration of mine.I am not saying that I think less of my other best buddies (Juju,Dekna & Babed,I LOVE you guys!!) but Ain has left an insignificant impact in my life.She was the one who encouraged me to be a prefect (in Form 3 & 4,I consider myself a "light"rebel along with Juju and Dana,hehehe).Her room was the hangout spot for all AR girls,our "dining room" and dating place with our junior pet sis.When I decided to quit my Bachelors course,Ain was there to support me,console my mum and offered me options & opinions on my next steps.She supported me through thick and thin,ups and downs,joy and sadness.And when she went away to pursue ACCA,I felt as if a part of me was gone.I cried for days,missing my dear friend.But,Ain being the ever thoughtful and sweet,called me up on my CAT exam day,my birthday and even told all her friends that "her friend,Arin made it to the CAT-affiliates list".She was more excited about the results than I am!

Alas,I havent mailed or smsed Ain for almost a month now (or maybe more?!) and after reading Cobrastorm's blog,I felt really bad and selfish.Bad,for not making the effort to mail or sms Ain when the thought occured and selfish,for making her contact me and not the other way around..To Ain,words can't describe how bad I feel.What makes it even more worse is that you will understand and forgive me.Ain..hope evrything is going well for you.I'm gonna start my class soon!And will mail you on my latest updates..Not a day goes by that I didnt think of you.You are always in my thoughts and prayers.And you know how much I care bout you and miss you..



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adrin,

Love Love Love your blog...I am regularly visiting yours since u blog almost daily...I am trying to do mine weekly but alas! work commitments.

Btw didnt mean to make you feel bad with my post. I too dont find the time to talk to my 2 best buds all the time. Life is like that so dont stress about it la! Everyone is busy living, working, studying etc. The important thing is to always keep your best buds in your heart.

Thanks for the big link from your blog to mine...looks like I am gonna have a lot more visitors from now on....lol :->

Come to think of it...should link your blog to mine as well...wonder how you do that on Friendster...hmmmmm

Take care...

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home |

ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!