Thursday, June 30, 2005

Aren't we courteous?..

I was rushing to catch the lift to the Skybridge Level while balancing my 2 huge bags (plus rushing for the ladies,dunno wat i ate last nite) when the light of one of those far-end lifts blinked.I dashed towards it and manage to squeeze myself in as the door was closing.The bugger who got in before me didnt even have the decency to press the "door open" button for other people (being yours truly) to board the lift.He got in and stood like some a**hole and watched me slided between the closing doors..Some morning amusement ke?!I took a deep breathe and grumbled and swore to myself.It must've been the longest lift ride ever,with my upset stomach and my wrath (chewah!) for the stupid a**hole!

God knows,the stars are not in the right path or whatever (referring to horoscope-stars being in allignment theory thingy) but I encountered another uncourteous a**hole on my way down to buy lunch.Here we are,a huge group of people,coming down from level 42,with our appetite level at the max when this brave but idiotic "lone ranger" stood at he the entrance of our lift,trying to get in while we were trying to get out..I mean,duh?!12-15 people against 1..Give way-laa,rite?Juz wait til everyone comes out.Then if you wanna march or run or watever-laa in the lift,go ahead man!..But noooooooooo..This a**hole decided to wedge his way in..Urgh!! Impatient+Stupidity+Sheer Idioticness=A**hole buggger!Major one,ok?

This 2 incident,made me think of how uncourteous and un-civic minded Malaysian people can be (malaysian being citiven,PR and those who have been sticking around Malaysia for too long!!).I would say Malaysians are never courteous,anywhere..Ok,ok maybe never is a too strong word..Seldom-laa,seldom courteous.Be it on the road,boarding a bus,getting into the train (lrt,star,kommuter) or just a common situation i.e getting into a lift.We (I could be included as well since I can be quite impatient on the road,hik!) will always have the mind set that we need to rush and our needs comes first.And this attitude applies to all,whether it is a professional (those in exec or junior exec level,managerial etc),general worker,man or woman.When it comes to No 1,it is only you yourself that matters and no one else.

Take for instance my morning encounter.You would've thought a highrise,national landmark building like KLCC would have polite,courteous and civic-minded people.Alas,the incidents happened at KLCC,where Malaysians and foreign professionals work.And the lunch idiot was a foreigner..Sigh..

I applaud Pak Lah's effort to encourage and set the polite and courteous attitude amongst civil servants and hopefully this attitude can be spread to all Malaysians.Parents should train their children to be polite and courteous to the elders and their peers.Respect one another and NOT to be judgemental on other peoples' wealth,status and race.I say,bring back the "Kesedaran Sivik" subject to the school syllabus as our youngsters are quite lacking in that department.

But I can't be too biased on this matter as there good-hearted and civic-minded people out there.It's just that,like me,when the situation gets the worst side of them,the uncourteous a**hole emerges.

4 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

Try monitoring the way Malaysians get on the LRT in the morning and in the evening. It's a shocking experience. When I got on the Kelana Jaya LRT around the time when everyone was going to work, my eyes widened seeing how actually coureous people were. They stood behind the yellow line and box, allowed people to get out and then get in.

In the evening at Pasar Seni, KLCC and wherever, it was people from the middle how can't get out because mindless moronic uncourteous Malaysians only could think of getting home and not think of others.

Nuff said. :|

4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heheh... I know exactly what you mean, and it seems that un-courteous behaviour is certainly capable of crossing gender and ethnic divides. Almost like a unifying factor, in a sick way.

One time I actually made a dumbo who was trying to get into the lifts at the upper deck level back away and let everyone out first. Of course it helped that I have a "pecah pintu" kind of face. :P

5:25 PM  
Blogger Khalid Raffali said...

courtesy begins from one's personal self.

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true! You said it girl!

Being someone who does not have a license and has to use public transport all the time, I can narrate all kinds of horror stories. From the LRT station to the ubiquitious Metro Bus (with people literally spitting and coughing into your face...eikkkkee) it doesnt end.

As a society I think we have grown backward as we have modernized. This every man for himself attitude is so caveman 'ish'...its not even funny!

Anyways with more people who realize that courtesy is everything like you and me, hopefully will make a difference...always remaining optimistic...thats me...lol

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home |

ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!