Monday, July 11, 2005

The life after..The journey continues

I'm bad when it comes to giving blog post titles.I can't seem to think of anything witty or attention-grabbing enough for my posts.But,suprisingly my "boring and dull" title manage to catch some comments from few readers.Thank you to Debby,Yamm,Acat & HcFoo for your delightful insights on my posts.You made this freshie wif broken English&lack of vocab writer more than pleased to blog further and to improve on her writings.Thank you to all!

I celebrated my 25th birthday last Saturday.I've always imagined my 25th,the turning of a new 1/4 of century,celebration to be special.Was it a wild one,you ask?Well,let me weave you one bedtime story and you be the judge,ahaha..

I was juz kidding.I woke up wif a wish from my mum PLUS an extra line..

"Happy Birthday Kak Long!Bangun-laa cepat!I need to go to the bank.."

Sigh.It was only 7.30 am and I have to start my chauffer routine.Since my dad has his own appoinment and both my sis & my mum can't drive,I had no choice but to get up,shower n drive my mum,1st to the morning market,then to the banks,my sister to the LRT station and finally to Secret Recipe to but my birthday cake.

After lunch,my bf was supposed to pick me up so that we can go shopping for my birthday gift.Around 3.30,my bf called up.His car couldnt start due to "weak" battery.So,I had to drive, again,to Damansara to help him out.My birthday "celebration" actually started somewhere around 5.30pm.But it wasn't really a party or anything.Juz a cake-cutting session by my baby bro,Ben (he gets to cut the cake on everyone's birthday),my other family members and my bf.After that,I went for my birthday gift shopping at OU with my bf and had dinner at Souled Out..Hummh,so much for celebration.

But,don't get me wrong.Even thoughI didn't have a wild,happening birthday,I am very much content and happy.Reason being,I received unexpected birthday wishes from my collegues;Debby,Ai Sim,Maria n my managers,a hamper from my company,sms wishes from my frens and cuzens plus 2 very precious phone call from my best friends,Ain who's in Dublin & Babed who is in Oxford.

Babed,caught me by suprised when she called my mobile while I was on my way to the morning market wif my mum.I saw the ++344 numbers and my first thot was "Ain calling me from Dublin".But when I heard the callers' voice,it was Babed!Boy,was I glad to hear from her.Havent heard from her since we last chatted over msn,a few months back.I was deeply touched that despite her rather "down" living condition,she spared some of her call cards credit to wish me happy birthday.Ain called up somewhere later in the evening.My mum picked up the call.When I heard my mum's voice and how enthusiastic she was,I knew it was Ain on the other line.

Hearing the voices of my two best friends was the best birthday gift ever.It beats any outrageous and hip-happening party,anyday.I guess,"special gifts" comes in any form or any kind.For me,the two calls were the highlight of my 25th birthday.

Oh,plus my brand new watch from my bf :-p..Lol!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww... so sweet of me kan? ahhahhahha.. sila sabar dgn aku.

p/s: sorry no gift this year beb.. not yet anyway.. :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home |

ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!