Friday, July 08, 2005

The terror continues..in London

I was updated on the London bombing by my dad on the way to work this morning.Im driving,with my dad on the passanger seat,reading out loud on the disaster that struck London during the morning rush hour.First thought that struck my mind..

"Sure people blame Al-Qaeda for this attack.Terrorist making its stand.Sama macam 9/11"

True enough,as I walked into the Finance room,a fellow collegue dropped the invitable question.

"What are all these Qaeda people trying to prove?"

I stood dumbfouded at my cube,trying to come up with a quick but rational reply.Nothing came to mind.There I was,back from a "break from office" and was about to greet a hearty& chirpy "Good Morning!" when I was "attacked" with this question.

I felt a lil bit hurt and judged.Just because I'm a Muslim doesn't make me answerable for every outrage of attacks by other "derailed & physchotic" Muslims.The phrase "All for one,and one for all" doesn't apply here.

But I managed to compose myself and aswered meekly "I really don't know-laa".I mean,what was i supposed to say right?It's not as if I'm related to the Al-Qaeda clan or anything.Heck!I despised their act and their so-called "fulfilling their promise to London".

To quote from Bernama release..

A previously unknown group which calls itself the Organisation of Al-Qaeda Jihad in Europe claimed it caused the blasts and threatened similar attacks against Italy, Denmark and other "Crusader" states with troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.In a statement posted on the Internet, but which could not be authenticated, it said: "Heroic mujahedins carried out a sacred attack in London, and here is Britain burning in fear, terror and fright in the north, south, east and west."The group said the attacks were "in response to the massacres carried out by Britain in Iraq and Afghanistan.""We have repeatedly warned the government and people of Britain, and we have now fulfilled our promise and have carried out a sacred military attack in Britain," it said.

Islam does not condone the act of terrorism&brutality,despite for whatever cause it is for.There are other ways to make a stand and fight for your rights etc etc.I could go on and on about the harmonious way of Islam but these terrorist attacks will overshadow my stand to defend Islam,anyday.After all,due the New york attack,every other cry of outrage,regardless of the nature (i.e methods,outcome/aftermath effects) will be automaticallybe "another Al-Qaeda attack".

I grieved for the lost souls and those who were hurt.I couldn't say that I understand how the Britons feel,cause I don't.I really don't.But I'm relieved that none of my friends were involved in the incident.But one thing for sure,I hope there won't be any prank calls on "Twin Towers being attacked or any bomb scare" cause I would definitely be totally outraged myself!Imagine having to go down 61 floor beacuse some lunatic decided to get funny.





ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!