Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wishing upon a star..

I wish I can blog during my LRT ride to work coz that's when I have my creative juices flowing,begging me to suck them up and paint a story with it,hehe..Nways,even with the canggih manggih gadgets & technology that is available presently,I can't.

My mobile isn't convenient enough to blog though it has WAP,GPRS and whatever other crap nonsense.The keypad is,well..inconvenient.I don't have an iPod coz I am stingy and very calculative when it comes to buying things that isn't so necessary to me.Thus,I keep my ideas and chanting it over and over again,so that I won't forget them upon reaching my office.

Nway,I wish I could make the LRT commuters more civilized and thoughtful.I know there are thousands of blogs on how uncourteous Malaysians,the KL folks are etc etc but I guess none of them (the commuters) blog or read blogs.'Cause the blog postings doesn't have any effect.

Take this morning for instance.I reached the Wangsa Maju station by 8.20am.Though I start work at 9,I like to be in,early.Upon reaching the paltform,I saw a huge crowd.To be expected of.Suddenly my phone rang.My Aunty Noni on the line,asking about the kenduri doa selamat at my uncle's place next weekend and how it clashes with the Akademi Fantasia 8th concert.

Good lord!My aunts and my mum,all AF fanatics.Their life for the whole of 8-10 weeks revolves around AF.Nway,back to my story..

One train came.Everyone rushed towards the door.Fine by me 'cause I'm in no rush at all.Few moments later another one came.Mind you,I was still on the line with my aunt.Normally I would step back and let everyone else pushed themselves to get in.But since I was on my mobile,I was immobilize.

I was pushed,shoved by the crowd behind me,into the train.And these people are ruthless!They act like total savages (maybe that was a tad too strong) but I can't seem to think of any other way to decribe their behaviour.The train was full to the brim but people still tried to pushed themselves in.

I know the reason for you,trying to cramp yourself into a full train,is because you are running late.Well,hello?!Plan ahead.

Rule #1 of taking public transport-ALWAYS expect the unexpected.
-Expect that the train will break down somewhere
-Expect that there'll be a huge crowd
-Expect that you'll only manage to get into the 2nd or 3rd train

If you know that you're gonna be late,wake up early,get to the station early and even if the train is late,you'll have ample time to take a later one.I guess the "last minute" attitude is the main contribution as to this "lrt riot".People tend to manage their time so that they'll reach office juz in time before the red dots/marks on their card (if you're still in the punch-card era).Waking up early to reach the station early is a huge sacrifice,it seems.Better to shove and push into the cramped train..

Can't wait for the day I can drive back to work.But even that is gonna be another "riot" on the road..sigh..




1 Comments:

Blogger KY said...

soya sauce I got from the aisles. kikomon. :D

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home |

ADRINAAMIL
A is for Adventurous
D is for Daredevil
R is for Rare
I is for Industrious
N is for Neglected
A is for Altruistic
A is for Active
M is for Moral
I is for Innocent
L is for Logical
What Does Your Name Mean?

People say that life is short.I would say it depends on how you live your life.So live life to the fullest!